Protect yourself online
We take the collection of your data seriously. Our website is encrypted using secure sockets layer by VeriSign.
We take extensive steps to ensure that your information is kept securely. We use the latest technology and keep up to date with developments in online security.
Here are some ways to protect your security online:
- Stay up to date: Ensure you keep your operating system, antivirus software, browsers and applications are up to date. Updates are regularly distributed and many will help to keep your data more secure.
- Look for the padlock: When you login to the website you are always in a "secure session". This is shown by the padlock symbol in your browser. It means that your personal information will be encrypted before it leaves your computer.
- Automatic log off: If after logging on, you don´t use our system for 10 minutes, you will automatically be logged off. This security measure ensures that if you´ve left your computer or have forgotten to log off, there´s much less chance of anyone else accessing your details. This is particularly important if you are using a public computer, such as in an internet cafe. To eliminate this risk completely, please make sure you never leave your computer unattended while logged on and always log off when you have finished.
- Phishing: Phishing scams are attempts at identity theft where criminals attempt to lure you into visiting counterfeit websites where your personal information (such as user names and passwords) or credit card information can be collected for criminal use. Never reveal your personal information to anyone else.
- Login details: To log into the WPA website you need to have previously registered to use the site. During this process you are required to choose a password and a username is then supplied by us. After you have registered unless you choose to re-register we will never ask you for your full password.
- If you suspect you have received an email or unsolicited correspondence from a scammer claiming to be from us, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about protecting yourself online visit www.getsafeonline.org.